Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Power of 2!

It's me again! Just wanted to do a little review on my card, the Powercolor Radeon 6870X2!

I've had this card for almost 4 months now and it's a monster on both games and power. I opted for this card eversince it was first previewed. What I like about it is that it applies Crossfire instead of the normal dual card configuration that ATI has.

Anyways; the card is huge 11cm long, so most small cases would not fit this monster. Since my case (Lian-Li T7) is an open air case, I don't need to worry about restrictions.

My monitor has 1440x900 resolution so I'm not yet fully stressing the card at full HD (1920x1080). But most games like BF3, Total War Shogun 2, Civilization V, Starcraft II, Metro 2033, Mass Effect 3 I have FPS(Frames Per Second) from 60-120. Didn't get any drops below 60 at all and everything went smoothly.

The card is not quiet when fully utilized but it's not much of a bother since it's not running 100%, more like 60-70%. And it run's really cool under stress and idle. Idle temps ranges from 36c to 39c and when gaming. it goes from 45c-51c. A nice achievement for a dual card.

Overall, I'm still loving this card and no plans yet to replace it since I can play almost all the latest games to date. AND! I got this one cheaper than the regular price! From 20,000php to 16,000php. How sweet is that!

Pics are below!






2 comments:

  1. I think I just had one of the most awesome nerdgasms of my life!

    I'm more of an Nvidia fan, but since the disappointing GTX 600 series, I think I may convert.. Or at least just try them both out to give them a fair shot at each other.

    ReplyDelete